One of my favourite desserts is the melting moment biscuit (cookie). They just melt in your mouth and are absolutely delicious.
I found this recipe in the book Indulge: Gluten-Free Food Gets A Makeover by Rowie Dillon.
The secret to a melting moment is the icing sugar ingredient.
Gluten-Free Melting Moments
These taste so good you will not believe that they are gluten-free. You will absolutely melt with glee the moment you bite into one.
- 375g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 185g (1 1/2 cups) pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 500g rice flour, plus extra for coating
- 150g butter or dairy-free margarine, chopped and softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 250g (2 cups) pure icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit pulp
- Preheat the oven to 160oC. Line a baking tray with banking paper.
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and honey in a large bowl with electric beaters until pale and fluffy. Add the rice flour and mix well.
- Using lightly floured hands, roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls and place on the prepared tray. Gently flatten each ball with a fork dipped in some extra rice flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until just golden. Remove from the oven and leave on the tray to cool.
- To make the icing, beat the butter and milk until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar gradually until well combined, then add the passionfruit pulp and combine well. When the biscuits are completely cooled, sandwhich two 'moments' together with the passionfruit icing.
- These bikkies can be stored in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe and image from the book
Indulge: Gluten Free Food Gets A Makeover. 100 Sweet and Savoury Recipes