I was searching for some recipes featuring Matcha (Green tea powder) and found this recipe by The Culinary Jumble. It is gluten-free and features coconut, a nice combination.
Gluten Free Coconut And Matcha Cream Cake
- 100g (7 tablespoons) butter
- 100g (½ cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 110g gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (if your GF blend doesn't already have it)
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 250ml (1 cup) whipping cream
- Desiccated Coconut and matcha (to sprinkle)
- ~ Pre-heat the oven to 170ºC (325ºF) and grease a small cake tin (mine was an 18cm/6 inch springform).
- ~ Beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy and light. Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- ~ In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients a touch at a time. Finally, add the milk just to loosen the batter slightly.
- ~ Pour the batter into the pan and bake for around 30-35 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for a while before removing the springform case. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- ~ Whip the cream until nice and thick and smother over the top of the cake. Sprinkle as much or as little coconut and matcha as you like. Slice and enjoy!